Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Irony.

I went to a conference to do a presentation on Saturday. It was for NOW, the National Organization for Women. If you're not familiar with NOW, you can see their website here. And if you're too lazy to read, here's what the stand for in a nutshell:
"The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Since its founding in 1966, NOW's goal has been to take action to bring about equality for all women. NOW works to eliminate discrimination and harassment in the workplace, schools, the justice system, and all other sectors of society; secure abortion, birth control and reproductive rights for all women; end all forms of violence against women; eradicate racism, sexism and homophobia; and promote equality and justice in our society."

So, I get the the hotel where the conference is being held, and notice a lot of motorcycles parked outside. There were people gearing up for rides, people sitting around talking, trailers parked by show bikes, etc. Throughout the conference, I could hear the bikes and music from the room I was in on the second floor. I felt a tiny but like Rocky Point was right outside and I was trapped in a meeting. But I digress.

So, I get to the end of the day, and I'm walking out to my car. As I exit the building, there's this guy on his bike sitting in the front entrance. And, playing from his bike is this:



Irony.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin