Friday, June 18, 2010

Caterpillars and Cheese



This is what we call dinnertime in my house. It makes many people cringe I know, but we're not a very formal family and even sitting with all of us at the table together is nothing short of a miracle. But we're trying this whole 'family togetherness over dinner' shtick, and it's actually pretty awesome. However, with a 1 year old and a 3 year old, you have to allow some room for interpretation.

Which, first and foremost, means we do not serve pasta and parmsesan cheese. We serve caterpillars and cheese, and we eat it out of a communal big blue bowl with steamed brocolli on the side. No plates necessary.



It also means we're allowed to eat with no shirt (him) or dressed as a princess (her).




And that eventually we'll end up piling two bodies in one chair and giggling our way through sharing dinner.











I love this. It's us, as a family, and it makes me smile. Oh, and these two make me smile with his coming over to rest his cheek on my leg and hug and her unbelievable green eyes and that smile that says, "I am trouble in the making." Love these two!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin