Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain Day

Yesterday Arizona had what some say was a record-breaking storm. More rain than we've seen in a single day in the past 17 years. Snow in places not used to snow. Winds up to 65 mph, and word of a tornado sighting in Cave Creek.

We took a rain day at work because my boss didn't want us all driving in through the traffic and weather and possibly getting stuck here if the parking lot flooded. I didn't know how bad the day would be, so I opted to keep the kids home with me and work while they played independently and napped. And I documented our day in pictures.


7:40 a.m. Sitting on the floor eating 'cakecakes'.


7:42 a.m. Begging for cakecakes.


9:14 a.m. Catching raindrops.


9:36 a.m. Rainy days don't get her down. She plays in the rain while I sip coffee and work on my laptop.


10:02 a.m. "Mama, my hands are cracking from the cold." Time for dry clothes!


10:40 a.m. Curling up on the couch with a good book while listening to the rain sure has a different meaning as a Mom.


11:20 a.m. Up from the morning nap. Love those apple cheeks.


12:15 p.m. Love this smile.


12:32 p.m. Lunch!


12:54 p.m. Attack of the giraffe!


12:57 p.m. Attack of the Romo!


3:46 p.m. Luca wakes from her nap, uses the potty, then promptly lies on the couch with a blankie 'to rest'. She is her mother's child.


3:55 p.m. Never miss an opportunity for snuggles.


4:55 p.m. Checking the video monitor to see if Rohan's awake yet.


4:56 p.m. Piggy gets in on the couch snuggling action.


5:05 p.m. Wind.


5:18 p.m. "It needs to rain so I can catch the sky!"


5:40 p.m. I'm awake, Mama! Come get me!


5:43 p.m. "I can rock my brother in this chair, Mama!"


8:25 p.m. Storytime on the couch with Daddy.


8:26 p.m. Rocking into dreamland.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin