Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20 in 20, week 3

Slow and steady may win the race, but it's also going to make me lose my fucking mind.

I lost half a pound this week. I think. I cannot be sure, since my scale is possessed and sometimes gives me two weights 3-4 pounds apart if I step on the scale twice in a row. I sometimes am tempted to step on twice in a row, in hopes the second reading will miraculously be 3 pounds LOWER, but sometimes it backfires and it's 3 pounds HIGHER. For the record, when it's lower I believe it, but when it's higher I call the scale a filthy pirate whore.

What I did right this week was keeping portions small, eating lots of fruits and veggies and avoiding Starbucks and fast food.

What I still need to improve on is being active and drinking enough water. And, fighting that demon bitch I call PMS, which makes me inhale cookies and chocolate like The Great Famine is on its way and I need to fatten up for it.

Being active is hands-down my biggest challenge, mostly because of time sweet time. I am up most mornings by 5:30, get myself and the kids ready, drive 40 minutes to work, get home at 5:30 pm, eat dinner, play with the kids....and have ZERO desire to work out. Add to that the winter sunset occuring around 6 pm, and by 8:30 when the kids go to bed it feels like midnight. And who wants to work out at midnight? Masochists, that's who.

I am not a masochist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have written this. I always flake out in week #3 on a diet because inevitably that is PMS week and I inhale cheeseburgers, fries or cookies depending on my mood. Then when it's time to eat right again the next day, it goes straight into the toilet.

I think playing with the kids and lifting them up, etc counts toward your activity points. Seriously. It's more exercise than I ever get, because I'm leaving that chore for when I hit a plateau.

I just about busted up when I read about your scale. Perhaps your scale and mine would like to have a fattening dinner together one night? Mine does the same thing. It nearly was launched over the balcony at some point. I get on that thing the same time every morning - and then I can't resist - I check again and I'll be damned if it didn't change. I swear. It's annoying. Funny, it's always a 3 lb range too. I'm starting to think it's a GD liar... but for now we're on speaking terms since it's showing a small loss.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin