Friday, December 10, 2010

Sensitive Girl.

Tonight, we were driving to the Mormon Temple in Mesa to look at their light display. Traffic was light, and then a car made a left in front of me and stopped with the rear half of it in the far left lane. I was traveling in the middle lane, but I looked to see what the driver was doing, and suddenly my husband yelled "Oh SHIT!!" and I looked and there right in front of my car was a dog, crossing the street.

I reacted instantly without thinking and slammed on my brakes and swerved. I knew no one was in the other lanes. As soon as I was safely past the dog, I started to laugh nervously while Darrick sat in the passenger seat breathing deep. From the backseat, Luca piped up, "Mommy, what happened?"

"A dog ran out in front of my car Luca. I had to swerve so I wouldn't hit it."
"What would happen if you hit it?"
"It would be very hurt or maybe even killed, sweetie."
"Oh."
......
"Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"That puppy should have waited for its mommy or daddy and held hands."
"Yes, you're right, sweetie."
"Mommies and Daddies hold your hand so you are safe."
"They sure do."
......
"Daddy? Mommy?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think that puppy found his parents?"
"I sure hope so sweetie."
"Me too. It would be so sad to lose your parents."
"It sure would, sweetie."
"Everyone and every puppy should have someone who loves them to cross the street with. And to hold hands."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin