Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pretty Doors.

We're still knee-deep in flooring renovation, but the finish line is getting closer and closer. And since we already bit the bullet and invested in new flooring, we decided it was high time to check another item off our 'dream list' for the house (yes, there really IS one of those, on our fridge) and buy french doors to replace our old slider. To keep costs down, we got the kind that are primed and have to be installed by us.

I've been dreaming of painting the interior side a pretty color that would bring some more variety into our rooms. The great room, where the door is housed, is a very soft yellow by Behr called Social Butterfly:





The walls in the kitchen/dining area are Behr's Eucalyptus Leaf:


I wanted to pull a green into the room, but I'm not sure which direction to go with it. Something apple or lime, but not too dark and not too vivid. I also find myself drawn to these bluey-greens, so for inspiration I gathered some pictures:























Benjamin Moore Vienna Green from here.

From here.
























No idea what color this is, but I like it. From here


















Not sure what color this is either. From here.
























Not sure what color this is, from here.
























Technically a cabinet color, but would work for a door. From here.
























Cooking Apple Green by Farrow & Ball, found here.
























Cooking Apple Green seen on a door here.

The doors will probably go in next weekend, so I've definitely got some time to make a decision. And convince my hubby.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Katers, We just finished painting our bathroom. Yellow. Bright bright yellow. And an accent wall in the hall, turquoise. I think we are on the same color palette today.

Muffin Cake said...

Stel, I always KNEW you had excellent taste.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin