Sunday, May 16, 2010

Luca's Birthday Party


We had a lot of discussions this year about what to do for Luca's birthday. Since Rohan's 1st was a big party in mid-March, we weren't sure we were up to another big party 2 months later. But at the same time as we were thinking 'small', she hit the age where she realized there was a birthday party to be had. The mix of circumstances left us balancing her wants with ours.

What we decided was to keep it simple and fun and incorporate the things she is really into right now. Originally I wanted a girls-only party for kids ages 2-4 only, but my husband insisted we invite ALL the kids and ALL the husbands, and so that's what we did.


Um, the small party I had planned? Not so small after all, but SO WORTH IT. We DID keep it simple, and I think everyone had a lot of fun. In honor of Luca, there were flowers, princess wands, kids playing in her new orange pool, crafts, and a 'decorate your own cupcake' dessert. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of it all, but I got lots of pictures of most of the day. Happy birthday, Luca!













3 comments:

Crystal said...

What are the flowers made of? They look like fabric. But are they paper? So cute.

Muffin Cake said...

Crys, they are made of tissue paper and streamers. :) Super easy and, more importantly, SUPER cheap!

Tabitha said...

Let me just say... as I am not a mom to a girl between the ages of 2 and 4, I am glad that you listened to Darrick! Ryan had a blast! :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin