Saturday, December 20, 2008

The final rush.

I SO suck at Christmas this year. No tree still. Lights barely hung a week ago. Just started really shopping today. Lame, lame, lame.

On a brighter note, I did get about 2/3 of my shopping done this morning at the mall. The mall with a 19 month old is not what I consider fun, but we HAD to go there to drop off our Christmas Angel gift. We've created a tradition of choosing a Christmas Angel about the age of Luca every year. For now, we chooses girls, since she's a girl, but with baby #2 we'll choose another one of his/her age and sex as well. So Luca and I picked an Angel from the tree 3 weeks ago and THAT VERY DAY we went and bought her gifts. She wanted a doll. That's it. A DOLL. She is 18 months old. I cried when I read her card. Luca looked at me funny. I ended up getting her two pairs of pants, a shirt, and a doll set (doll, blankie, diapers, baby food, etc. all packaged together). Anyone who knows me, knows what a shock it is that I went that SAME DAY I picked the Angel and bought her gifts. These same people won't be one whit surprised that it took me until today (AKA the deadline) to get the gift BACK to the mall. I live 3.5 minutes from said mall, and I avoid it like the plague.

Anyhow, we took our gifts and dropped them off, and then we did some shopping. I bought gifts for Luca, my mother and father in law, and my brother and his wife. I also bought something for my brother in law, but when Darrick saw it he was all, "Meh." so it looks like I need to go back to the drawing board and get him something else. Or send my husband to get something, since he seems to be the one with some sort of idea what is a good gift and what is not.

So here it is...5 days shy of Christmas, and lots left to buy. Oh, and cards still to address and send. I am the queen of procrastination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - yea I would send Darrick out to get the BIL gift if he didn't like it! :) Going to the mall is TORTURE this time of year.

Since Kevin's family shops in October for Xmas, I had their lists nice and early so I did all my shopping online. Of course, one package showed up empty and another one had the wrong book inside.... but I'd rather deal with that over the NUTJOBS that are at the mall.

By the way, I am blown away at that gorgeous picture of Luca at the top of your blog. It is breathtaking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin