Monday, February 15, 2010

Losing a Luca

No, not literally. I did not literally lose my almost-3-year-old. I mean this in terms of weight loss.

In other words, I need to Lose a Luca. This thought ocurred to me the other day, and I almost laughed mid-meeting. But then I realized, it's a good, live reminder.

So is this picture, which my brother took of me while I was visiting him and my sister-in-law in the hospital when she was in labor:



Now, don't get me wrong...I love this picture for what it is. It's so rare for me to have pictures with other people (I'm usually behind the camera) and it's a great day to capture. But I can't focus on the joy of the day when I'm so distracted by my back fat and my puffy cheeks.

And that's just sad. It gives me further motivation to really Do This Thing. I don't want to forever be looking at pictures of big days in my life and thinking "Eh, I really wish I had posed differently so my back fat wasn't showing!"

I'm down 1.5 pounds this week, which I am pretty proud of, but there's so much more to go. If I want to lose a Luca, I need to lose 27 pounds, and so far I've lost 4. But that's 4 pounds I've kissed goodbye and don't ever plan to see again!

1 comment:

Crystal Escobar said...

Hey I'm coming here via Blair's blog, good for you on your weight loss so far. I loved your comparison of having a full 3 year olds baby weight to lose, :).
I do have a suggestion as far as weight loss goes. But it all depends on if it's something you would be willing to do. I would suggest cleansing. I've had AMAZING results with cleansing, and I really think it's the way to get the weight off these days. So many of us are so toxic, and toxins are stored in the fat cells to protect your vital organs, and in so doing, we tend to hold onto fat. Anyway, not sure if it's something you'd WANT to do, but the one I do really isn't that hard, and you're not stuck to the toilette all day like you'd think when you hear the word CLEANSE. It cost's about $3-$5 a meal, which I don't think is too bad since I usually spend WAY more than that per meal :) I've posted more information about it on my blog, since so many people have been asking me about it. Click on the Nutritional Cleanse tab in my nav bar, there you'll find my before and after pics as well.
Anyway, I do love your blog, and will be following you now. Hope I can offer any kind of support :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin