Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Windows Down.

It's unseasonably, well, beautiful in Arizona right now. Typically May ushers in unbearably warm weather which is but a tease of the oppressively hot hours and weeks and months to come. But this year? This year the weather has toyed with us a bit, fluctuating from pretty warm (upper 90s) to downright enjoyable.

Yesterday, I ate my lunch outside of my office, in the shade where the wind would rustle some leaves and cause goosebumps on my arms. I stared at big, cotton candy clouds on the bluest sky.




































As I drove home it struck me: people are so used to their little segregated personal worlds that they don't even think to roll down their car windows in rush hour on a day as perfect as this one was. I, of course, had my windows down for the ride home. And I couldn't help but feel sad for all those people recycling the same cold air in their closed-up cars. When life hands you a day like this one, the least you can do to show your appreciation is roll your windows down.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin