Monday, September 28, 2009

Rainbow Babies

Luca is SUPER excited that she's going to have a cousin next February, courtesy of my brother and his wife. We talk a lot about how Aunt Jaimi is growing a baby cousin in her tummy, and from the start Luca's been telling us it needs to be a girl.

As always, Luca got her way and my brother and his wife will be welcoming a baby girl into the world early next year. We are ALL so excited for them!

The other day, we were talking about the baby, and I asked Luca what kind of baby Jaimi is having.

"A RAINBOW baby!" she replied.
"A rainbow baby?" I asked.
"Yes. She's havin' a rainbow baby," she assured me, nodding her head up and down for emphasis.
"What kind of baby is a rainbow baby, Luca?"
"Girls are rainbow babies." Again, said with confidence.
"So, if girls are rainbow babies, what are boys?" I asked.
"Girls are rainbow babies and boys are comfortable."

Well, then. The universe, explained by a toddler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin