Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pause.

I'm not taking any kind of intentional break from blogging. I was on 'vacation' for 10 days, most of which was spent lounging, snuggling on the couch, watching movies, going to museums, and napping with my family. We closed out vacation with a 3 night camping trip, and since then both Darrick and I have dove back into work. School starts for him tomorrow, and that means it starts for Luca tomorrow too and Rohan goes back to daycare 3 days a week. In addition to teaching and coaching wrestling, Darrick was offered a coaching job for the JV "B" Football team (aka the guys who weren't good enough to make the squad yet, but who are too young and/or inexperienced to rule out entirely, so they get the "B" squad to keep them interested and get them some practice). My husband knows almost nothing about football, other than what the casual watches-football-for-an-excuse-to-drink-beer-and-eat-wings knows, so it's going to be a huge learning curve, but it's a great opportunity for him and given the economy in AZ any chance to secure his spot at the school is a no-brainer.

So, we've been busy. And I've been lazy about writing. Sometimes, living this gets in the way of writing about it. And I'm ok with that.

























3 little beasts ready to go camping.

Mad love for these two. They are troopers and were best buddies the whole trip.


Morning giggles.

My love.




































Watching the world go by.
Things I love about this picture: we're all in it, Luca's finger is wrapped in a lamb's ear bandage made by daddy, Rohan's grubby hands in the lower right corner, I look like I have a waist.

Museum. Rohan was riveted by a volunteer's explanation of all the dinosaur 'parts' including a tooth and a toenail.

Super Rohan. He also got a star on his chest, but I don't have a good photo.

Snow White demanded a heavy application of make-up.

No words. Just love.

Cuddle Puddle 2011.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin