Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cruel and Unusual Pregnancy Punishment.

My workplace got 2 new interns last week, and today we decided to take them out to a 'Welcome Lunch'. Getting 6 people with varying tastes and food preferences/fickleness to agree on one place can be a challenge, so when everyone agreed on Oregano's, I was pretty thrilled. Not only is their pizza and pasta good, but they have this thing called a pizookie. It's not anything totally novel...a lot of places have them...but for the unfamiliar, it's a cookie baked almost all the way and served warm with heaps of vanilla ice cream on top. Sounds divine? Well...it is. So of course we all saved a little room and ordered one to split amongst the 6 of us.



I got my little plate of pizookie goodness and dove in. Two delicious bites down, I went in for another scoop. And that's when Cruel and Unusualy Pregnancy Punishment kicked my ass. My hand got kind of shaky and tingly, and my stomach flipped. I set down my spoon for a second, then picked it up to try again. No dice. This time, apparently, my reaction was so visceral there was no hiding it, as my boss asked me from across the table if I was ok. I almost lost my lunch, but I pulled it together and, with great sadness and a heavy heart, pushed the plate away.

Now, I ask you, how unfair is it that I can't eat a pizookie while pregnant?!?! The pregnancy gods are laughing at me for all those Snickers Blizzards I ate with abandon last pregnancy. Jerks.

4 comments:

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Oh no! I'm sorry! Damn you, CUPP!!

Crystal said...

Wow. This is seriously the saddest thing I have ever heard. Sorry, Kates!

Anonymous said...

Strange as it sounds, I wish that would happen to me so I could STOP eating! LOL!

Seriously though that is the worst thing ever. That dessert picture is going to visit me in my dreams tonight!

Brandi said...

Hmmm...I have chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate syrup in the fridge and vanilla ice cream in the freezer. I think I'll have a pizookie for dinner tonight. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about this, Katie. The dessert gods are evil.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin